• Cut the Bilimbi fruits into thin slices and soak in salt water, afterwards drain and squeeze water off the sliced fruits.
• Cut the dates into small pieces.
• Grind the rest of the ingredients including 1 table spoon of mustard, 100g chili powder, 15 g garlic and ginger with 3 table spoons of vinegar, 115g of sugar and salt to taste.
• Add the ground mixture into a pan along with the sliced bilimbi fruits and the chopped dates.
• Add a little water if necessary and cook.
• Allow the chutney to cool and bottle.