• Slice the eggplant into 1/4 inch thickness.
• Cut the slices into 2 inch pieces.
• Deep fry till golden brown and set a side.
• Meanwhile slice the onion, garlic, tomatoes, and green chillie and mix in a bowl with vinegar, chillie powder, cumin powder and salt.
• Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet.
• Add the onion mixture and curry leaves.
• Fry for about 5 minutes.
• Next add the cashew nuts, fried eggplant, sugar and ground mustard and fry for another minute or so.
• Serve warm.
• This goes well with rice. You can substitute the ground mustard with mustard paste.