KOHILA STEMS CURRY
• Wash the stems.
• Break off the leaves and tender parts of the stems.
• Peel off skins from thinker stems and break in to pieces.
• Wash and squeeze out the water.
• Slice onion and chop green chillies.
• Mix all ingredients together except mustard seeds.
• Place in a cooking vessel with coconut milk and cook till boil and simmer till gravy is reduces and kohila is cooked.
• While doing so, keep stiring the kohila curry with the handle of a spoon in rounds.
• The excess threads of kohila will spun around the handle of spoon.
• Remove these threads from the curry.
• When the curry is almost done, heat a separate pan or wok and add mustard seeds.
• When they sputter remove from heat and ground/ crush them with the back of a spoon.
• Sprinkle the mustard over the kohila curry and simmer further for 5 minutes.
• Serve as a side dish with plain rice.