COOKED FOXTAIL MILLET WITH WITH GREEN GRAM (THANAHAL MUNG MISHRA BATH)
• Washed foxtail millet and split green gram is added into a pan with 1 ½ cup of water along with a pinch of turmeric powder and allow to cook.
• Grind black pepper seeds into flakes.
• Chop green chili finely.
• Add 2 teaspoons of ghee or cooking oil to a pan and heat.
• Add thinly sliced garlic, ginger and cashew nuts into the heated oil and allow to fry.
• Then add green chili, finely sliced big onions, curry leaves, ground pepper and fry for a few seconds.
• The above sautéed mixture is added to the boiled foxtail millet & flaked green gram and mix well.
• Cooked foxtail millet with green gram (Thanahal mung mishra bath) can be served with chutney or chili paste.