NELUM ALA (LOTUS ROOT CURRY)
• Wash and cut the lotus root into small pieces.
• Slice the tomatoes, chile and shallots.
• Place the lotus root in a pan and add the tomato, chile, curry leaves fenugreek, salt, coconut milk, turmeric, chile powder and cook for about 10 minutes or until the pieces are cooked.
• In a frying pan heat 25 g ghee and when sizzling add the shallots and fry until transparent.
• Transfer the cooked curry to the frying pan and then add roasted curry powder, cook for about 1 minute.ll remaining ingredients. Stir fry for a minute.
• Serve hot.