SAPOTA / SAPADILLA SAUCE
• Blend the peeled and de-seeded Fuzzy Fruit /
• Shallots (Rathu lunu), garlic, cloves, pepper, mace (Vasa-vasi), cinnamon and ginger in the above mentioned amounts are ground together in a small amount of vinegar, the paste is then transferred on to a piece of cloth.
• Tie the cloth with the ground paste inside to make a buddle.
• Add the blended Fuzzy Fruit / Sapathilla pulp into a pan and add salt and chili to taste.
• Add the ground paste inside the cloth buddle into the pulp and heat.
• Continue to continuously stir while heating.
• After reaching a boil use a spoon to squeeze out the essence inside the cloth buddle and remove it after all the essence have come into the pulp.
• Dissolve 15g of corn flour in water and add to the pulp along with 50g of sugar and the reaming vinegar.
• Continue to continuously stir the sauce while heating and allowing thickening.
• When the sauce has reduced to 2/3 of the original volume, turn off the heat.
• After cooling add the sauce into a clean bottle and served.